Back

Post Detail

Home

ColdFusion builder has been freezing on me at work lately and I could not figure out why. Basically every time I started it back up It would freeze and never recover. The only way to use the editor again was to delete the workspace or start a new one. This was a big pain in the butt for me because I had to import all of my old projects. in. I was digging through the logs and came across this.

!SESSION 2009-09-21 09:31:53.038 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown java.version=1.6.0_11 java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc. BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data c:\workspace\cf
!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.core 4 0 2009-09-21 09:31:58.523
!MESSAGE Problem loading version node from dictionaryconfig.xml
!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.core 4 0 2009-09-21 09:31:58.632 !MESSAGE Problem loading version node from dictionaryconfig.xml

Something was obviously not loading correctly but I could not figure out why until today when I was coincidently using wireless instead of the LAN. When this happens I have no access to network drives so when I fired up Builder all of my local projects loaded up fine and it never froze up. This led me to believe something was up with all of my old lan projects. When I opened up the .project file I found this. I am not an eclipse expert but what I think was happening is that because we were still using the CF Eclipse nature it was trying to load some old data (dictionary) that was no longer there. I wonder if any of you really smart people out there can confirm this. Whatever the case is Builder is back to working how it should be all because of removing the cfe nature.

Comments

Anonymous's Gravatar Anonymous
September 23, 2009 6:23 PM

The dictionaryconfig.xml specifies which grammars to load (cf7, cf8, railo, etc), and might (depending on how far it is implemented) have the ability to load dictionaries over the internet. It also has references to XSD files for validation.

CFBuilder uses (more or less) the same code as CFEclipse for the dictionary files. It also appears to be implemented without much knowledge on how the original cfeclipse dictionary code worked.

You were likely either hitting a conflict in some way, or the CFEclipse code might have been trying to validate against the XSD. It would be interesting to see if the problem also went away if you uncommented the nature of the other plugin.

Hope that helps.

Dan Vega's Gravatar Dan Vega
September 24, 2009 9:05 AM

Thanks!